Why hello there!
Autumn 2008 sees Made In The Shade gravitate toward all things indulgent and luxurious! As the afternoons become drearier and the nights become longer, what better time of year to throw the credit crunch to the wind, treat yourself and enjoy a little bit of pampering before cosying down with your honey after a hard day's indie shopping?
Come visit! Spend the day browsing a fabulous range of truly unique, ethically produced and affordable products brought to you by some of the UKs finest, most innovative creative talent! When your feet get a little bit tired, a cup of tea and a bun from the gorgeous Doocot cafe is just what you need!
We are so excited to announce the talented designers and makers joining us at Made In The Shade II at The Lighthouse for the shopping event of the season! Get your notebook and your pen out - you may want to make a list of gifts you need to buy on the day! You don't want to miss anything!
From the Made In The Shade team, we have...
1. Clare Nicolson Textile Design: Clare brings her birdies along for a day out at The Lighthouse!
2. Suzanne Smith Design: Suzanne showcases of her vintage-inspired crafty supplies
3. Stella My Star: Jo, Godmother of Craft, presents her range of handmade jewellery and accessories
4. Nana Moon: Carrie brings along her magic suitcase filled with vintage treasure and ephemera
From across the UK, we have...
5. Feel Fuzzy: wonderfully nostalgic, handmade journals, accessories and art
6. Gorjuss: beautiful art work and gifts by Suzanne Wolcott
7. Pammie Annie Mackay: handmade bags, belts and purses from the very talented Pammie Annie
8. Pistol Whip Vintage: The PWV gals spill out their closets for Made In The Shade vintage lovers
9. Flossy & Dossy: 1950s inspired frocks and accessories by seamstress Wendy Richardson
10. Madness Of Many: Foxes! Robots! Creatures! Wonderful handmade gifts by Kimberley Diamond
11. Aubeebop Jewellery: Fabulous, colourful space-age style accessories
12. The Curious Swift: Unusual, handmade jewellery and accessories by Gini
13. Off With Her Head: Glamorous millinery for the burlesque goddess in you!
14. Haberdash House: Marie introduces her new jewellery range inspired by the circus!
15. The Dandelion Project: Knitted collars and cuffs + beautiful printed gifts by designers Vala & Ian
16. Elfie Loves: Vintage connoisseur Diana Kiernander brings a touch of vintage exclusivity to the affair!
17. Jennie Loof: Beautiful garments, handmade from reclaimed vintage fabric by seamstress Jennie
18. Emily Chandler: Handmade jewellery and accessories by designer and maker Emily
19. INTO Textile Design: Felted and knitted designs from INTO - cosy!
20. Kes Designs: Oh so cute items for mini Made In The Shaders!
21. J'emmajo: Luxurious scarves and accessories from Emma Jo Webster
22. Made By Mother: Art & Gifts by Mhari McMullan
23. Bindy Boo Designs: Handmade books and journals by Eva Gustavsson
24. Lullabylily + Covetables: Enchanting creatures knitted and sewn with love!
25. Bedcrumb Boutique: Indulgent gifts for the home: think cushions and oddment teasets! Beautiful!
26. Crikey Aphrodite: Handmade garters and glamorous undies: perfect for those cosy nights in!
27. Leah Halliday: Talented designer and seamstress Leah Halliday showcases at Made In The Shade!
28. Anna Whyte Clothing: Quality, luxurious, classic tailoring from Anna Whyte
29. Syrah Jay Jewellery: Ecclectic textile and beaded jewellery from Syrah Jay
30. Magic Alice: Charms and trinkets become gorgeous accessories with help from Magic Alice
From the Creative Entrepreneurs Club we have...
31. Lady Wurlitzer: vintage inspired bath & beauty
32. YHF Photography: street art oddities by Garry Maclennan
33. Cotton Candy Corsage: corsages, fascinators and accessories by the lovely Rebecca Holland
34. Jacqueline Graham Jewellery: jewellery and accessories
35. Showpony: beautiful textile design by Emma Henderson
36. Crazy for Ruthie: jewellery and accessories by Ruth Patterson
37. The Cake Goddess: tasty, eadible treats by Laura Macdonald
38. In A Pickle: fabulous millinery and pretty accessories
39. The Rainbow Effect: Cheery, colourful clothing and accessories for people big and small
40. Jocelyn Turley: Design pieces by Jocelyn
41. The Lighthouse Shop: For all your design needs and gift ideas!
From Glasgow Craft Mafia we have...
42. Marionette: Home of the vintage cup candle, Marionette's range of accessories and homewares is swell!
43. Natalie Farrell: Sugary sweet textiles and beautiful handmade bags and purses
44. Librarian Barbarian: Cassette tape accessories and reclaim designs by Markie. Hoorah!
45. Global Guru: Indulgent, eclectic textiles by Morag Macpherson
46. Electra French: Pants! Tshirts! Citrus coloured accessories and day-glow wonders by Dougie & Chums!
47. Pumpkin Sputnik: Handmade stationery and notebooks for those all-important lists!
48. Miso Funky: Homewares, emobroidery and kawaii stationery
49. Ding Dong Designs: Get your handknitted celebrity-style finger puppets here!
50. Dazed Dorothy: Leathersmith Corinne creates the most gorgeous and intricately designed clutch bags
51. Florence Box Jewellery: Sally uses reclaimed vintage materials to create a beautiful range of jewellery
52. t-boo: Scrabble letter bracelet? You saw it here first!
53. OSM: Neil Slorance is the OSM robot boy and we love him and his beautiful paintings!
54. We Are The Robots: Handmade jewellery and accessories with a rock'n'roll twist!