Welcome to Part 2 of 'What's Shakin' at the Glasgow Jamboree'. This little post serves, not just as an event newsflash, but also as a call to action. So. Be sure to pay attention guys and gals!
As you'll already know if you've visited a Made in the Shade shopping event before, we like to encourage guests to get down to a 'lil bit of public crafting during their visit. This year is no different. The Springtime Jamboree in Glasgow is our very first event of 2010 and we'd like to kick off the crafty fun with an all-new, all-important project. Cue - The Bunting Bonanza!
Now, you all know how much Clare adores bunting, right? The girl is bonkers-obsessed with the stuff and I have to admit that I am a tad partial to a bit of bunting action now and again too. We unpacked our event kit last week to get reacquainted with all our lovely props and decorations ahead of April's event and, I'm ashamed to say, our multi-coloured plastic bunting is slightly worse for wear. Granted - it's been all over the place in the past 2 years! It's been to Oran Mor, it's been to the GU, it's been to a tent in Falkirk, numerous club nights and parties, The Lighthouse (of course) and it's even been to London Town. It has served us well. We've decided though, that it's time to send the old bunting into retirement and get ourselves a whole bundle more! And this is where you come in.
We'll be setting up a very special Bunting Bonanza area at The Lighthouse on 17th April and we'd love for you to get invovled and contribute to the creation and contruction of our new handmade, fabric bunting.
1. Get digging around in your wardrobe, your craft cupboard, your granny's craft cupboard or charity shop linen bin and select a pretty fabric remnant. Make sure it's a fairly good size (about the size of the average teatowel would be perfect I reckon!) .
2. Pop it in your shopping bag and get yourself along to The Lighthouse on 17th April. We'll be rockin' and rollin' and The Bunting Bonanaza between 10.30am - 5pm.
3. When you arrive at The Lighthouse, keep your peepers peeled for the big circular Bunting Bonanza table. Come join in!
4. The Bunting Bonanza will be manned (or ladied) by a couple of talented volunteers who will give you instructions and patterns/templates to transform your remnant into the perfect triangle (well, diamond shape - actually) for adding to the giant string of bunting! Get ready for some simple stitchin'!
5. Add a touch of your own personality to our event decorations! Every time you return to Made in the Shade, you'll be able to point up at the beautiful bunting and say, 'Hey! That's my granny's curtains!' :) Special, huh?
So! What are you WAITING for! Go! Go now! Get rummaging!
See you on the 17th!